Accommodation Terms and Conditions
National Industrial Safety and Health Act No. 416 December 23, 1985
January 24, 2001
October 23, 2007
April 22, 2010
Last revised: September 1, 2011
(Scope of Application)
- The accommodation contract and any related contracts entered into between our establishment and the guest shall be governed by the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Matters not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by laws and regulations or by generally established customs.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, any special agreement made by our establishment within the limits not contradicting laws, regulations, and customs shall take precedence.
(Application for Accommodation Contract)
- A person who intends to apply for an accommodation contract with our establishment shall provide the following information:
- (1) Name of the guest(s)
- (2) Date(s) of stay and expected time of arrival
- (3) Accommodation charges (in principle, based on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in Appendix 1)
- (4) Other matters deemed necessary by our establishment
- If a guest requests to extend their stay beyond the date mentioned in item (2) of the preceding paragraph during their stay, our establishment shall treat such request as an application for a new accommodation contract at the time the request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contract, etc.)
- An accommodation contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when our establishment has accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding article. However, this shall not apply if our establishment can prove that it has not accepted the application.
- Upon the conclusion of the accommodation contract in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the guest shall pay an application deposit up to the basic accommodation charge covering the entire period of stay (up to three days in case the stay exceeds three days) by the date specified by our establishment.
- The deposit shall first be applied to the final accommodation charges payable by the guest, and in the event that the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 are applied, it shall then be applied to the penalty charges and thereafter to compensation in that order. If there is any remaining amount, it shall be refunded at the time of payment of the charges pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.
- If the deposit as referred to in paragraph 2 is not paid by the date specified by our establishment according to the same paragraph, the accommodation contract shall lose its effect. However, this applies only if our establishment has notified the guest of the specified payment deadline for the deposit.
(Special Agreement Not Requiring Payment of the Application Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding article, our establishment may agree to a special agreement that does not require the payment of the application deposit after the conclusion of the contract.
- If our establishment accepts the application for an accommodation contract without requesting the payment of the application deposit specified in Paragraph 2 of the preceding article, or if it does not specify the due date for such deposit, it shall be treated as having agreed to the special agreement mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contract Conclusion)
Our establishment may refuse to conclude an accommodation contract under any of the following circumstances:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- When there are no available rooms due to full occupancy.
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed likely to act in a manner that contravenes laws, public order, or good morals in relation to their stay.
- When the person seeking accommodation is recognized as falling under any of the following categories:
- An organized crime group (boryokudan), as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 2, Item 2 of the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991), members of such a group (boryokudan members), as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 2, Item 6 of the same Act, quasi-members of such groups, or other antisocial forces.
- A corporation or other organization that is controlled by an organized crime group or members thereof.
- A corporation whose officers include individuals recognized as members of an organized crime group.
- When the person seeking accommodation has engaged in behavior that significantly inconveniences other guests.
- When the person seeking accommodation is clearly identified as being infected with a contagious disease.
- When violent demands are made, or unreasonable burdens beyond rational limits are requested in relation to the stay.
- When it becomes impossible to provide accommodation due to natural disasters, malfunction of facilities, or other unavoidable reasons.
- When a person intending to stay is intoxicated and is deemed likely to significantly inconvenience other guests, or when a guest has behaved in a way that significantly inconveniences other guests. (According to Kochi Prefecture regulations)
- When a person intending to stay or bathe has tattoos and is deemed likely to inconvenience other guests or bathers.
- When a person applies for a stay without the actual intention of staying.
(Right of the Guest to Cancel the Accommodation Contract)
- The guest may cancel the accommodation contract by notifying our establishment.
- If the guest cancels the entire or part of the accommodation contract due to reasons attributable to the guest (except in the case where our establishment has specified a payment deadline for the application deposit according to the provisions of Article 3, Paragraph 2, and the guest cancels the accommodation contract before making the payment), a cancellation fee as listed in Appendix 2 shall be charged. However, if our establishment has agreed to the special agreement as described in Article 4, Paragraph 1, the obligation to pay the cancellation fee upon cancellation of the accommodation contract by the guest shall only apply if the guest was notified of such obligation at the time the special agreement was made.
- If the guest fails to arrive by 9:00 p.m. on the day of the stay without contacting the establishment (or two hours after the stated expected arrival time if an arrival time has been specified in advance), it may be treated as if the guest has cancelled the accommodation contract, and the establishment may handle it accordingly.
(Right of the Establishment to Cancel the Accommodation Contract)
- Our establishment may cancel the accommodation contract under any of the following circumstances:
- When it is recognized that the guest may act or has acted in a manner that contravenes laws, public order, or good morals in relation to their stay.
- When the guest is recognized as falling under any of the following categories:
- Organized crime groups, organized crime group members, quasi-members of such groups, or other antisocial forces.
- Corporations or other organizations that are controlled by organized crime groups or members thereof.
- Corporations whose officers include individuals recognized as members of an organized crime group.
- When the guest has engaged in behavior that significantly inconveniences other guests.
- When the guest is clearly identified as being infected with a contagious disease.
- When violent demands are made, or unreasonable burdens beyond rational limits are requested in relation to the stay.
- When it becomes impossible to provide accommodation due to force majeure, such as a natural disaster.
- When the case corresponds to the conditions stipulated by the prefectural ordinances.
- When the guest does not comply with prohibited actions set forth in the usage rules established by our establishment (limited to those necessary for fire prevention), such as smoking in bedrooms, tampering with fire-fighting equipment, etc.
- If our establishment cancels the accommodation contract based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we will not charge the guest for any accommodation services or other services that have not yet been provided.
(Registration for Accommodation)
- On the day of accommodation, guests are required to register the following information at the front desk of our establishment:
- Name, age, gender, address, and occupation of the guest.
- For foreigners, nationality, passport number, place of entry into the country, and date of entry.
- Departure date and expected time of departure.
- Other matters deemed necessary by our establishment.
- If a guest intends to pay the charges mentioned in Article 12 by means other than cash, such as by travelers' checks, accommodation vouchers, credit cards, etc., they shall present such means of payment in advance at the time of registration mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
(Usage Time of Guest Rooms)
- The guest can use the guest rooms of our establishment from 3:00 PM to 10:00 AM the following morning. However, for guests staying consecutively, they may use the rooms all day, except for the arrival and departure days.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, our establishment may accommodate requests for the use of guest rooms outside the hours specified in the same paragraph. In such cases, the following additional charges will be applied:
- Up to 3 hours beyond the stipulated time, 30% of the accommodation charge.
- Up to 6 hours beyond, 50% of the accommodation charge.
- More than 6 hours beyond, 100% of the accommodation charge.
(Compliance with Usage Rules)
Guests must comply with the usage rules established and posted by our establishment within its premises.
- The business hours of the main facilities of our establishment are as follows, and the detailed business hours for other facilities are provided in the pamphlets available, postings at various locations, and the service directory in guest rooms:
- Front desk and cashier service hours:
- Curfew / 11:00 PM
- Front desk service / 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Dining and other facility service hours:
- Breakfast / 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM
- Dinner / 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Auxiliary service facility hours::
- Bathing / 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Front desk and cashier service hours:
- The hours mentioned in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes in case of necessity or unavoidable circumstances. In such cases, notice will be provided by appropriate means.
(Payment of Charges)
- The breakdown of accommodation charges payable by the guest shall be as listed in Appendix 1.
- Payment of the accommodation charges mentioned in the preceding paragraph, whether in currency or by means deemed acceptable by our establishment such as travelers' checks, accommodation vouchers, credit cards, etc., shall be made at the front desk at the time of the guest's departure or upon request by our establishment.
- Accommodation charges will be incurred even if the guest voluntarily chooses not to utilize the room after it has been made available by our establishment.
(Responsibility of Our Establishment)
- Our establishment shall compensate for any damages incurred by the guest as a result of the performance or non-performance of the accommodation contract and any related contracts, unless such damages are not attributable to fault on the part of our establishment.
- Our establishment is covered by Ryokan Liability Insurance to deal with unexpected incidents such as fire.
(Handling When Contracted Rooms Cannot Be Provided)
- If our establishment cannot provide the contracted room(s) to the guest, we shall, with the guest's consent, arrange accommodation of the same conditions as much as possible elsewhere.
- If, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, alternative accommodation cannot be arranged, our establishment will pay compensation to the guest equivalent to the penalty charge, which will be applied as compensation for damages. However, if the inability to provide the room(s) is not due to a fault on the part of our establishment, no compensation will be paid.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- If the articles, cash, or valuables deposited at the front desk by the guest are lost or damaged, except in cases of force majeure, our establishment will compensate for the damages. However, for cash and valuables, if the guest did not declare the type and value of those items when requested by our establishment, the compensation will be limited to 100,000 yen.
- For articles, cash, and valuables brought into our establishment by the guest but not deposited at the front desk, if loss or damage occurs due to the intent or negligence of our establishment, we will compensate for the damages. However, for items not declared in advance by the guest regarding their type and value, unless there is intent or gross negligence on the part of our establishment, the compensation will be limited to 100,000 yen.
(Storage of Guests' Luggage and Belongings)
- If a guest's luggage arrives at our establishment before their stay, it will be kept only if its arrival had been agreed upon by our establishment in advance, and it will be handed over to the guest at the front desk at the time of check-in.
- If a guest leaves their luggage or personal belongings behind at our establishment after checking out, and the owner can be identified, our establishment will contact the owner and ask for instructions on what to do next. However, if no instructions are received from the owner or if the owner cannot be identified, the items will be stored for a period of 7 days including the day of discovery, after which they will be turned over to the nearest police station.
- Our establishment's responsibility for the storage of the guest's luggage or personal belongings in the cases mentioned in the preceding two paragraphs shall be in accordance with the provisions of the first paragraph of the previous article for the case mentioned in paragraph 1, and with the provisions of the second paragraph of the same article for the case mentioned in paragraph 2.
When guests use the parking lot of our establishment, regardless of whether the keys are deposited with the establishment or not, our establishment only provides the space for parking and does not assume responsibility for the management of the vehicle. However, if damage is caused to the vehicle due to the intent or negligence of our establishment in the management of the parking lot, our establishment will be liable for compensation.
- If our establishment incurs any damage due to the intent or negligence of a guest, the guest will be required to compensate our establishment for the damages.
- Our establishment and its premises are designated as non-smoking areas. In case of violation, the guest will be charged for the cost of odor removal cleaning plus the room charge for the period during which the room could not be used.
Appendix 1: Breakdown of Accommodation Charges (Related to Article 2, Paragraph 1, and Article 12, Paragraph 1)
* If the tax law or any other laws are amended, the amended provisions will apply.
* Room rates are subject to change based on the season and demand fluctuations.
* Child rate: For infants, a fee of 550 yen will be charged.
Appendix 2: Cancellation Charges (Related to Article 6, Paragraph 2)
- Note 1.
- The percentage is the ratio of the cancellation charge to the basic accommodation charge.
- Note 2.
- In case of a reduction in the number of contracted days, a cancellation charge for one day (the first day) will be collected regardless of the number of days reduced.
- Note 3.
- In case of cancellation of part of a group booking (15 persons or more), no cancellation charge will be collected for the number of people corresponding to 10% (rounded up in case of a fraction) of the number of guests as of 10 days prior to the stay (or on the day the booking was accepted if the booking was made after that day).